We do everything we can to guarantee your privacy. That is why we carefully handle your personal data. LED adheres at all time to relevant laws and regulations, among which the Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (AVG) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This means at least that:
Processing your personal data is limited to only the data that is necessary for the purposes for which they are provided;
We ask explicitly for your permission when we need this for the processing of your personal data;
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of your personal data;
No personal data will be passed on to third parties, unless this is necessary for executing the purposes for which they are provided;
We are aware of your rights regarding your personal data. We will point them out to you and respect them.
Processing personal data of applicants and participants
Personal data of applicants and participants are processed by the LED for the following purposes:
– Administrative purposes;
– Providing information.
Basis for the personal data:
– The participation registration form.
For the above mentioned purposes, the LED can ask you for the following personal data:
– Phone number;
– E-mail address;
– Date of birth;
– Bank data;
– Study data (such as the association one is member of and the phase of the study one is in);
– Preferences regarding the event itself (such as company preferences);
– Optionally any other specialties (e.g. allergies) that you want the organisation to know.
We are aware that some specialties are qualified as special personal data. These will be treated with care and only for this particular event. At the LED, pictures will be taken by a photographer. By registering for the LED, you allow the organisation to place photos of you on the website. You have the right to demand those pictures to be taken down.
Your personal data will be saved by the LED for the above mentioned purposes for the following time:
– The time between registration and the event and after that in the administration for a maximum of 5 years.
Disclosure to third parties
We are entitled to disclose your data to third parties when this is necessary for the execution of the above mentioned purposes.
We make use of a third party for:
– The website and internet environment;
– Magazines and other printing;
– Study associations Asset | Econometrics, Kraket, FAECTOR, SCOPE | Vectum, VESTING and VSAE.
We never disclose your personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processor agreement. In these agreements, we make the necessary deals with the third parties (processors) to secure the safety of your personal data. Furthermore, we do not give your personal data to third parties, unless this is legally required and allowed. An example of this is when the police request (personal) data for an investigation. In such a case, we are required to cooperate and therefore provide the data. Also, we can share personal data with third parties when you give us written permission.
Within the EU
We do not provide personal data to parties established outside the EU.
Under-aged applicants and participants
We only process personal data of under-aged members (younger than 16 years old) when written permission is given by the parent, caretaker, or legal representative.
LED stores personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose for which they are provided or than required on the basis of the law.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. These measures include:
– Everybody who can have knowledge of your data on behalf of the LED are bound to the confidentiality of it;
– We have a username and password on all our systems;
– We pseudonymise and use encryption of personal data when there is reason to do this;
– We make back-ups of personal data to recover these in case of physical or technical incidents;
– We test and evaluate our measures regularly;
– Our employees are informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
Rights regarding your personal data
You have the right of inspection, rectification or removal of the personal data we have received from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part of this) by us or one of our processers. You also have the right to have the personal data that we have received from you transferred to yourself or to a third party in your command. We can ask you to identify yourself before we obey to the above mentioned requests. Should we process your personal data on the basis of permission given by you, you have the right to withdraw this permission at all times.
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, than we ask you to contact us immediately. Should we not reach an agreement together, we highly regret this. You always have the right to issue a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens. This is the supervisory authority in the field of the protection of privacy.
1018 WB Amsterdam